Centrelink and DVA
Aged Care Fees
Collecting Residential
Property Information
Form SA485

Do you need Aged Care Placement or Advocacy Services? We can help you now.

Centrelink and DVA Aged Care Forms

Human Services Australia (Centrelink) and Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) use the following forms to collect information from people that will be accessing Commonwealth subsidised aged care options.

The information collected is used to apply the types of charges and calculate the level of fees that will be charged to receive subsidised aged care services.

When to use the SA485 Form.

The SA485 form is used when a person:

  • is to be admitted to a Commonwealth subsidised residential care (nursing home),
  • is receiving a means tested income support payment (see types of income support payments below),
  • owns or part-owns a family home (including a Retirement Village unit).

Need Help to Submit the Centrelink or DVA Aged Care Forms?

Over the years, Aged Care Connect have completed hundreds of SA457 and SA458 forms on behalf of our family clients.

It is important to get the information specified correctly so that you can minimise the fees that Centrelink or DVA may charge the care recipient

Dealing with Centrelink by yourself can be a stressful and common mistakes can be made by the inexperienced.

Means Tested Income Support Payments

Means tested income support payments includes:

  • Age Pension
  • Disability Support Pension (DSP)
  • Carer Payment (not Carer Allowance)
  • Service Pension (DVA)
  • Special Benefit
  • Widow Allowance
  • Income Support Supplement
  • Veterans Payment
  • Farm Household Allowance

Non-Means Tested Income Support Payments

Non-Means tested payments includes:

  • Age Pension (Vision Impaired)
  • Disability Support Pension (Vision Impaired)
  • Carer Payment (not Carer Allowance)
  • War Widow(er)s Pension (DVA)
  • Disability Pension paid by DVA (but not including any income support supplement)
  • Income Support Pension (Vision Impaired) paid by DVA