Centrelink and DVA Aged Care Forms
Services Australia (Centrelink) and Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) use a number of forms to collect information from people that are requesting access to Commonwealth subsidised aged care options.
The information collected is used to decide the categories of charges and to calculate the amount of fees that will be charged to receive subsidised aged care services.
When to use the SA457 Form.
The SA457 form is used when a person:
- is to be admitted to a Commonwealth subsidised residential care (nursing home)
- is NOT receiving a means tested income support payment (see types of income support payments below)
- chooses to provide income and asset details to the Commonwealth. Some self-funded retirees may elect not to provide their financial information to the Commonwealth
Need Help to Submit the Centrelink or DVA Aged Care Forms?
Over the years, we have completed many SA456 , SA457 and SA485 forms for our family clients.
You need to get the information specified correctly if you do not want to pay incorrect or excessive aged care fees and charges.
We all know that contacting and working with Centrelink can be a time-consuming, stressful and mistakes can be made by the inexperienced.
Means Tested Income Support Payments
Means tested income support payments can include:
- Age Pension
- Disability Support Pension (DSP)
- Carer Payment (but not Carer Allowance)
- Military Service Pension (DVA)
- Special Benefit
- Widow Allowance
- Income Support Supplement
- Veterans Payment
- Farm Household Allowance
Non-Means Tested Income Support Payments
Non-Means tested payments can include:
- Age Pension (Vision Impaired)
- Disability Support Pension (Vision Impairment)
- War Widow(er)s Pension (DVA)
- Disability Pension paid by DVA (but not including any income support supplement)
- Income Support Pension (Vision Impairment) paid by DVA
Download SA457 Form
SA457 Centrelink DVA Aged Care Form